Flooding and Flash Floods
More people die from flooding than any other severe weather hazard. It only takes 6 inces of fast moving water to knock an adult off their feet, and two feet to carry away most vehicles. Turn Around, Don't Drown
Flash Flood Safety Tips:
- Get out of areas subject to flooding, like low spots, ravines, canyons, etc...
- Avoid flooded and high-velocity flow areas - Don't attempt to cross.
- Never drive through flooded roadways in case the roadbed is no longer intact.
- If your vehicle stalls, leave it immediately and seek higher ground.
- Be cautious at night when it's harder to see flood dangers.
- Don't camp or park your vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions.
*source - State of Texas Know What2do Guide